My oldest son is all about electronics, Raspberry Pi, led lights, motion sensors, buzzers, buttons, switches and all things generally nerdy. It is what my hubby does for a living so he comes by it honestly. We try to encourage all 3 boys in whatever their passion is, and with my oldest it is somewhat easier for us since my hubby knows all about these things and knows what he would’ve loved at this age.
When I saw the Piper Computer Kit, I just knew that it was the perfect gift for him! For those that don’t know what it is:
It’s a computer that kids build themselves! And it helps prepare them for a lifetime of building technology, but teaching them how to build it, and then teaching them electronics with the Raspberry Pi edition of Minecraft.
The Piper computer is designed to teach kids how electronics actually work and gets them comfortable with tinkering with it. It teaches kids engineering and programming through a combination of engaging storylines, physical building, and Raspberry Pi Edition of Minecraft.
The kit comes with:
● Beautiful, handcrafted wooden computer case with HD LCD display
● Fully functioning computer running on a Raspberry Pi 3 Project Board. 1GB RAM. 1200 MHzQuadCore CPU
● Electronic gadgets including LED lights, buzzers, buttons, switches, sensors and more
● Cables to connect the screen, Pi and 6600 mAh powerbank together
● 8 square foot laminated blueprint explaining how to assemble your Piper Computer
● USB mouse with a retractable cable
● An 8GB SD card that holds your game progress and keeps your creations safe
● Custom Raspberry Pi Edition of Minecraft adventure that you experience by building and programming electronic modules
● Wifi enabled, new downloadable levels, and sharing capabilities
● Free automatic level updates
● It even comes with a Piper Screwdriver!
This is a seriously an awesome kit, and idea! If you have a kid that is interested in electronics you should check this out!